Inferno Lair - Beta




  I'm going to let my screen capture do most of the talking for this week. Please note that it's only that laggy because my computer can't handle running Unity and Screen Recording at the same time.

 I've managed to add music, sound effects, start, game over, and victory screens, as well as a short Quest UI screen. A troll now features in my game, and getting the animations to work with my scripts wasn't easy, but it's done. Unfortunately, for some reason when I make it so that the troll animates, he can't deal the player damage. I've tried a few different ways of getting it to work, but to no avail. Another small detail is the fact that my players clothes are still quite... revealing. I've made my peace with this, and want to base the entire game around the fact that his trousers inexplicably have no bottom.

  I am extremely pleased with how my game has progressed. I have spent a long time trying to make it as good as I possibly could, and I think that it shows. Is Inferno Lair a perfect game? Absolutely not. Nowhere even near it. It's barely a functioning game... But it's my barely functioning game.

  It's 4am. Goodnight.


Comments

  1. Hello there Ultan,
    I loved reading your blog and also enjoyed watching your video on your game. I think your game looks absolutely amazing. The idea of the game is very good and works well. The game design looks so good and the colours work well and bounce good off each other. The circle on the floor of the game with loads of colours stands out and looks so good. The speech text that comes up at the start looks good. Was it hard to add the inventory into the game? The enemies that the player has to kill are very good and the final boss enemy is great as he is a tougher and bigger version compared to the other ones. Overall your game is so good and I would be very proud of what you have created.
    It is good to see that your happy with your game as you have put a lot of time and effort into creating such a good game. I hope everything opens up well on the show and tell day when we play peoples game.
    Cya soon,
    Aaron Hogan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: How I Became Addicted

Alpha

Game Design: What is it?