Unity Free Tutorial: UI

This week, I needed to add some more UI to my game. This included Start and End screens, and a quest system. I turned to Brackeys once again to guide me through the process.


I tired to implement Brackeys’ simple quest system into my game. I created the UI template, and started with the coding. However, as his game is a UI only game, I found some of the code hard to follow and adapt for my own uses. Coding is one of the things I find hard to do independently, and I cannot yet create original code as I am very unversed in the C# scripting code.


Another tutorial I tried to follow was by GameGrind. So far by the end of this video, nothing clashes, but it’s only the start of a series. Nothing functions yet, but because it hasn’t called other elements from the rest of the GameGrind RPG series, I am hopeful that this system will integrate more than Brackeys one did. 

This is one of the toughest parts of development so far. Because it is a different series than the rest of the tutorials that I followed, implementation is more difficult. Getting all of the scripts to work in tandem with each other is proving difficult, but achievable. 

- Ultan 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: How I Became Addicted

Alpha

Game Design: What is it?