Wikipedia Trail: Low Poly - Tessellation (Big Regret)


    • Low poly is a mesh that uses fewer polygons than other applications. It optimises performance, but will have an effect on graphics. Nowadays, it is often chosen for the aesthetic rather than the optimisation factor. This is the aesthetic I plan on using in my own game design.
    • Normal mapping is something I have come across several times in Unity, but I never actually understood what it is or how it works. Basically, it fakes the lights of bumps and dents. It adds details without adding more polygons. I read the part about how it works, but it really just reminded me of my Physics class back in Leaving Cert. That was the grade I got to discount...
      Flat Shading may come in handy for my Game Design
      Image Source: WikiMedia
    • I've been interested in adding shaders into my game, but never really knew where to start. The basic function of it is to add light, dark and colour to a rendered object. There are a lot of mathematical figures included in calculating how the shader works correctly. I may try to implement some flat shading into my game.
    • Full disclosure, I thought this word sounded pretty cool. I actually still don't know what it means. I think it is used to manage data sets of polygons, and sorts them into triangles. I genuinely have no clue what I just said. I'm trying my best to absorb information, but it's really just a lot of jargon. 
- Ultan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction: How I Became Addicted

Alpha

Game Design: What is it?